The Pittsburgh Public Theater announced their 2018/19 season at a member’s reception on Tuesday night. Board Chair Michael H. Ginsberg officially passed the baton from Ted Pappas, the retiring Producing Artistic Director, to the new team of Artistic Director Marya Sea Kaminski and Managing Director Louis A. Castelli. Kaminski is the current Associate Artistic Director at Seattle Repertory Theatre. Castelli has been with Pittsburgh Public Theater for 20 years.
All three spoke fondly of the legacy Pappas is leaving the Public after eighteen successful seasons. Kaminski has dubbed the upcoming season Welcome Home which features a collection of stories, “some epic and timeless, others fresh and intimate”:
- Pride and Prejudice by Kate Hamill, Directed by Desdemona Chiang September 27th to October 28th.
- Sweat by Lynn Nottage, Directed by Justin Emeka November 8th to December 9th
- The Tempest by William Shakespeare, Adapted and Directed by Marya Sea Kaminski January 24th to February 24th
- A Doll’s House Part 2 by Lucas Hnath, Directed by Ted Pappas March 7th to April 7th
- Indecent by Paul Vogel, Directed by Lisa Brainin April 18th to May 19th
- Marjorie Prime by Jordan Harrison, Directed by Marya Sea Kaminski May 30th to June 30th
Pittsburgh in the Round will have more details on the productions as part of our season preview series. For more information visit https://ppt.org