Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School (PBT School) invites families with children ages 2 – 7 into the PBT School studios on Friday, August 26 from 10 a.m. – noon for a free open house during the Children’s Division New Family Day. Families will be able to tour the studio space at PBT, meet PBT faculty and staff and allow their child to take a sample ballet class.
On Thursday, August 25, students ages 7+ who are eligible to join the Student Division are invited to take a placement class from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. during Student Division Placement Day.
The schedule for the Student Division Placement Day on Thursday, August 25 is as follows:
- Tours of the PBT Facility and Meet the Teacher | 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.: A tour of the PBT School facilities will be given by faculty members who will lead visitors around the building and answer any questions.
- Student Division Placement Classes for Ages 8 – 12 | 6 – 7 p.m.: Student Division faculty members will observe dancers in a placement class and assign them to their levels accordingly.
The schedule for the Children’s Division New Family Day on Friday, August 26 is as follows:
- Ongoing Tours of the Building | 10 a.m. – noon: Families can join school faculty on a tour of the building.
- Children’s Division Sample Class | 11 – 11:30 a.m.: Children are invited to try a sample ballet class. Parents are welcome to observe.
- Q&A Session | 11:30 a.m – noon: School faculty will answer any questions parents have about being a PBT family.
Per PBT School’s current COVID-19 protocols, masks are optional for all guests. Mask wearing is supported and complementary masks are available at the front desk. This policy is subject to change at any time. Updates will be communicated to families in advance of the event.
PBT School is recognized as one of the nation’s finest schools for dance education and training. All PBT School instructors are certified through level 5 in the American Ballet Theatre curriculum. Whether children have dreams of one day becoming a professional dancer or are simply looking for a fun and active fall activity, PBT School’s Children’s Division offers ample opportunities for children ages 2 – 7 to experience the joy of ballet.
The Open House and Placement Classes are free and open to the public. Registration is required for each event; visit pbt.org/OpenHouse to register. To learn more about PBT School, visit pbt.org/join-our-school.